As we entered the University of Washington, we were met with this statue of George Washington. It was placed in 1909 from the request of a professor. In the back left is a broken obelisk. It is one of six with the others in Houston and New York City. Behind that is the Suzzalo library, who was the president of the university from 1915-1926.