Friday, August 28, 2020

 

Up Above

On the Aspen-Snowmass website, one of the hiking trails they suggest is the Ute Trail. Now, I didn't really realize that when they say the difficulty is hard, they actually mean it is hard. The first mile and a half of the trail was brutal. The trail goes up many switchbacks as it crisscrosses up the mountainside. Luckily, there is a great view of downtown Aspen at the halfway mark, which kept me motivated. 

I took this picture about a quarter mile up the from the rock, as I was looking back on some hikers behind me and Aspen behind them. I like the picture because of the leading lines and colors. There are lines from the trail and trees, both of which point to the mountains behind the hikers. I also like the colors of the landscape. Of course, there are lots of greens from the grass and trees, but there are also some browns, blues, and even a few yellows from the wildflowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment