Friday, June 17, 2022

 

Lights


As I close out this series, I saved my favorite image for last. After receiving the low battery warning, I slowly lowered the drone in for a landing. I stopped to take this image, which is now a favorite, but hovering to take this image cost me too much battery time. I was at 2%, the drone was losing power, and a moderate wind prevented me from landing where I took off. I quickly scrambled to look for a new landing zone, but the closest one I could find was across a highway. With fifteen seconds left to fly, I quickly located an open parking spot, marked the location, landed, and hoped it was there after I drove over. After a tense car ride and a short fence I hopped over, I found the now out-of-battery drone and safely recovered these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment